During the processing of personal data GPA works conform the requirements of the applicable data protection legislation, like the General Data Protection Regulation. This means we:
- clearly specify our purposes before we process personal data, by using this privacy statement;
- limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data needed for legitimate purposes;
- first ask for explicit permission to process your personal data in cases where your permission is required;
- take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and we demand the same from parties who process personal data on our behalf;
- respect your right to access, correct or delete your personal data held by us
In this privacy statement, we will explain what kind of personal data we collect and for which purposes. We recommend that you read it carefully. If you have any questions regarding the processing of personal data, you can find the contact details of GPA at the end of this privacy statement. This statement is both applicable to our websites, https://www.global-presence.org, http://thevelocitydifference.com, and to the processing of personal data by our members.
When visiting our website, we can use your personal data for the following purposes.
Access to portal
Within our portal, you can access a management environment where you can set, specify and change settings. We will keep track of your activities for proof.
For this purpose, we use your name and address details, phone number and email address. We need this data because of our agreement with you. We store this information until our services to you have ended.
You can use our contact form to ask questions or make any request.
For this purpose, we use your name and address details, phone number, email address and the message you wish to send to us. We do this on the basis of your consent. We store this information until we are sure that you are satisfied with our response.
The GPA is a global consortium of audiovisual and collaboration technology integrators to help customers have one global source for all audio, video and unified communications solutions. Each member company (GPA Member) in the alliance is a separate legal entity and a separate controller for personal data.
Customer Relationship Management system
The GPA processes personal data relating to business contacts of the GPA members using a customer relationship management system (GPA CRM). A GPA Member initiates the collection of personal data relating to your business in order to provide you with its global services and adds that personal data to the GPA CRM. This personal data includes name, job title, address details, phone number, invoice address and email address.
The GPA Member uses this data because of their agreement with you. We store this information in the GPA CRM until the services provided to you have been completed. Certain types of personal data will be retained for a longer period if required by law (e.g. the legal retention period).
Personal data may be transferred to GPA Members in countries outside the European Union. Some countries do not have laws that provide specific protection for personal data. We have taken steps to ensure all personal data is provided with adequate protection.
Providing data to third parties
Except for the parties necessary to deliver the above mentioned services, we do not under any circumstance provide your personal data to other companies or organisations, unless we are required to do so by law (for example).
We have taken security measures to reduce misuse of and unauthorized access to personal data. We take responsibility in the security of your personal data. We renew our security measures to ensure safe storage of personal data and keep track what might go wrong.
Inspection and modification of your data
You can always contact us if you have any questions regarding our privacy statement or wish to review, modify or delete your personal data.
You have the following rights:
- Right of access: you have the right to see what kind of personal data we process about you;
- Right of rectification: you have the right to rectify any personal data we process about you, if this information is (partially) wrong;
- Right to complain: you have the right to file a complain against the processing of your personal data by us;
- Right to be forgotten: you can file a request with us to remove any personal data we have processed of you;
- Right to data portability: if technically possible, you have the right to ask us to transfer your processed personal data to a third party;
- Right to restriction of processing: you can file a request with us to (temporarily) restrict the processing of your personal data.
If you exercise any of the rights mentioned above, we might ask you to identify yourself with a valid ID, to confirm it is your personal data. If so, it is important that you hide your social security number and photo.
We will usually respond to your request within 30 days. This term can be extended if the request is proven to be complex or tied to a specific right. You will be notified about a possible extension of this term.
Changes to this privacy statement
We reserve the right to modify this statement. We recommend that you consult this statement on a regular basis, so that you remain informed of any changes.
If you want to file a complaint about our use of personal data, please send an email with the details of your complaint to email@example.com. We will look into and respond to any complaints we receive.
If you think that we are not helping you in the right way, you have the right to file a complaint at the authority. For The Netherlands, this is the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens.
Contact details of GPA B.V.
De Corridor 19